Posted on twenty second August 2022 by hstebbings1
Wes Chan is the Co-Founder and Managing Associate at FPV Ventures, a $450M early-stage fund. launched earlier this 12 months. Wes is an investor in 5 $10B+ “decacorns,” his most notable being Canva the place he’s a member of the board of administrators and led the Collection A and C rounds. Wes additionally wrote the primary or very early test into Plaid, Flexport, Gusto, Lucid, and RobinHood. Earlier than FPV Wes was a Managing Director at Felicis Ventures and earlier than Felicis Wes based GV’s seed investing program. If that was not sufficient, as an operator, Wes co-founded Google Analytics and Google Voice and holds 18 US patents for his work in creating Google AdWords.
In Immediately’s Episode with Wes Chan
1.) From Founding Google Analytics to Enterprise:
- How did Wes make his means from founding Google Voice and Google Analytics to beginning GV’s seed investing program?
- What are 1-2 of the only greatest product takeaways from working intently with Larry and Sergey @ Google?
- How did Wes make his means from Google to Felicis and scaling the agency with Aydin Senkut?
2.) Market vs Founder: Why Market Sizing is BS:
- Why does Wes consider that the market all the time wins over the founder?
- That mentioned, what does Wes imply when he says “one of the best founders have 100 12 months plans?”
- How does Wes query and analyse 100 12 months plans? What makes one of the best? What makes the worst?
- Why does Wes not do market sizing? Why does Wes not do end result situation planning?
- What does Wes consider is the largest fallacy of end result situation planning?
3.) The Enterprise Panorama:
- Does Wes consider that now could be actually one of the best time to be investing?
- Why does Wes consider there are some treacherous offers being accomplished now? What are the indicators that these offers are difficult?
- What recommendation does Wes give founders fundraising in these markets?
- What does Wes consider are components that conventional VCs resolve to do, which prevents founders from selecting to work with them?
- Does Wes consider VCs on board really present worth? If that’s the case, which of them and why them?
4.) FPV: Agency Constructing and Portfolio Building:
- With the brand new $450M fund, what’s the portfolio building that Wes selected?
- Why does Wes choose to have extra strains within the portfolio than a concentrated portfolio?
- Does Wes consider you’ll be able to enhance your possession in your finest firms over time?
- How does Wes take into consideration capital focus on a per firm foundation?
- What have been Wes’ greatest classes from his greatest hits and misses?
Gadgets Talked about in Todays Episode:
Wes’ Favorite Guide: Liar’s Poker